Old July 12th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Ticked off, but should I be? (OT)

I learned the hard way I am a business I filed my 941 correctly in 2003
now for you who don't know what that is it is Employer's Quarterly Federal
Tax Return. Well you can't be charged more than $7000.00 for the year in
this for my income level. For some odd reason the person entering this said
I made 150,000.00 in my third quarter; way off it was 2000.00. Well I only
owed 283.00 for that quarter they said I owed $1500.50. After dealing
with multiple people and having multiple people, paperwork done saying it
was taken care of. 8 months later I had 1535.50 seized from my account no
notice. After 2 months of being jerked around I got an attorney who in 10
minutes got some one assigned to my case. 24 hours had it resolved and in
30 days I had a check for the amount they seized, my bank charges, my
attorney fees and interest they would charge. She was good. She told me
when there is a problem they are required to assign a case worker or
manager( not sure of the term) to your case and what they were doing was
illegal which is why I got everything I requested. 95% of the time you
don't get attorney fees back and only get bare interest about 2%

The irs is just a bunch of thieving monkeys humping a football with one
hand in the cookie jar the other trying to pull it out and a third hand
reaching in your pocket while you are watching wonder what the heck is going
on.

I just received a noticed about my 2006 saying I didn't file either my
personal or business. I called them and asked if I did not file how did I
get a return. They have it but just in case I sent a copy in.

The irs still screws my account up they changed from me filing 944 which is
filed quarterly and paid quarterly to a 940 which is filed once a year but
still paid quarterly. I get a noticed everytime I file saying I paid the
wrong one than get another notice usually the next day telling me I am
supposed to pay the other and the money is going to this account

"Granby" wrote in message
Matthew is right, I have seen people try and struggle with this sort of
thing by themselves. The two best points he made are, get someone
assigned to your case, and take all the stuff to a professional.
"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
I would certainly be ****ed off! With all that you and your family have
been through recently, you sure don't need this kind of crap to deal
with. It doesn't really matter what kind of personal stuff she was going
through at home; if she was unable to process the tax stuff in a timely
fashion she owed you at the very least a courtesy call asking to come
pick up the papers, or informing you that she was sending everything
back to you.

Best of luck in dealing with the IRS. Though Matthew's advice sounds
like it ought to get you through the mess pretty painlessly.

Dan