Old July 5th 04, 07:51 AM
Melissa Houle

John F. Eldredge wrote in message

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:36:09 -0400, Kreisleriana

SNIP
A couple of years ago, friends of a friend of mine were setting off
4th of July fireworks. One of the skyrockets had a defective
propulsion charge, and only made it a few feet off the ground before
falling back to earth. The family dog was in the habit of fetching
tossed sticks, and grabbed up the rocket. It blew up in his mouth,
blowing his lower jaw off. The poor dog was so severely injured that
he had to be put to sleep.

SNIP

OUCH!! That poor dog! BOTH the poor dogs! Having no consideration for one's
neighbors is bad enough, but starting a fire in a crowded residential
neighborhood under drought conditions because you want to make loud noises
is unconscionable. I'm keenly sensitive to the danger of wild fires, as the
San Bernardino fire came desperately close to the house of some friends of
mine last fall. Their house was spared because the wind dropped one night.
Many of their neighbors were not so lucky.

Thanks, I'll stick to watching professional fireworks from a safe distance,
myself. (DIdn't get to see any this year. I'm just back from visiting
friends in San Francisco, and there you can see the fog lit by red, green
yellow white or blue light, but not the fireworks themselves.

Melissa