Old August 7th 12, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default BCT after surgery

"Cheryl" wrote in message
. com...
Hi guys. Purrs to all in need and just checking in to see what's what and
tell you a silly story.

I had a spinal fusion a week ago Friday so my mom has been here helping
take care of me and my cats. A few days ago I couldn't find Bonnie
anywhere! I hadn't seen her since I'd gotten out of bed for the day,
around 1pm and my mom had left to go do some things. So normally the cats
will sleep all day and it didn't cause concern. But after the pet sitter
came to clean the litter boxes, still no Bonnie so I was really worried.
Checked all hiding spots, checked rooms and closets with closed doors, no
Bonnie. Shook bag of temptations, no Bonnie. That one was definitely
odd.

A couple of hours later, still trying to remain calm but convinced in my
mind that somehow she'd gotten out of the house I was crying and frantic,
my mom was so upset wondering if she'd somehow let Bonnie slip outside but
positive that she hadn't, I was then convinced I was never going to see
Bonnie again. I made up flyers, posted on my local missing pets Yahoo
group, and was just about to go hang up the flyers outside (my back was
soooooooooooo sore at this point and no amount of my mom telling me to sit
down so I wouldn't injure my back would make me stop my frantic search for
her) and out walks Bonnie from down the hall.

BCT are made even worse when you're on a medication cocktail that has a
potential side effect of having strange and unusual thoughts. But I
really was convinced I'd never be able to find her.

Be well all!

Oh. Poor you. I've had a lot of operations but thats one I wouldn't want.
May you recover quickly.
Tweed