Old May 19th 05, 04:40 AM
jmcquown

Yowie wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
Lots of you folks publish kitty pics on Yahoo photo albums, and I
always have a problem viewing them. I have to click away an error
message from IE(6) every time. It says: "Your current settings
prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the
page may not display correctly." How can I get rid of that?

Do you have Norton's installed on your PC? Because mine started doing
that once I got Norton's. I"m sur eyou can disable Nortons somewhere,
but I don't know where. Personally, I will be happy when the licence
runs out and it stops working, so I can go back to my trusty AVG
anti-virus program. It worked just fine, and didn't have the nasty
habit of popping up unasked-for in the middle of another program,
making that program crash, and nor did it block my internet sites
without being asked to.

Yowie

I have an older PC with Norton A/V installed. When the subscription ran out
(a couple of years ago) it wouldn't let me unsubscribe. This is probably
because there is a critical .dll file damaged on the machine and I haven't
been able to determine which one and replace it (repair didn't work). The
PC will still boot and I can click through the errors, but every 15 days
Norton comes up and asks me to renew the subscription. Apparently it is
also still busily running a scan every week on the hard drive LOL The only
reason I still have that machine running is some of my best recipes are on
it. I'm still transferring them to this one.

Jill