Old May 19th 05, 02:19 PM
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote
I have an older PC with Norton A/V installed. When the subscription ran

out
(a couple of years ago) it wouldn't let me unsubscribe. This is probably
because there is a critical .dll file damaged on the machine and I haven't
been able to determine which one and replace it (repair didn't work). The
PC will still boot and I can click through the errors, but every 15 days
Norton comes up and asks me to renew the subscription. Apparently it is
also still busily running a scan every week on the hard drive LOL The

only
reason I still have that machine running is some of my best recipes are on
it. I'm still transferring them to this one.

Why not simply uninstall NAV?