Old December 5th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Freaked out felines

wafflycat wrote:
Last night was strong gusting winds. Same this morning with added
horizontal rain. So last night was noisy with the sound of the wind
against the windows. Cue freaked out felines. My three really don't like
the noise and are wide-eyed, unsettled, tail-lashing felines wandering
from room to room in a most upset fashion. Poor beasties!

When we had some real autumn storms here lately, I was surprised to
discover that Caliban loves strong winds and horizontal rain! I had the
door to the enclosure ajar, but Miranda mostly stayed inside, curled up
on the cat tree. Then I would get to wondering where Caliban was, peek
outside, and there he would be sitting, looking at the driving rain in
wide-eyed wonder. The wind in the shrubbery outside my garden wall was
also irresistible to him. As long as he sat in the innermost nook, under
the balcony of the flat above mine, he could stay dry and watch the
storm, and there he would sit for hours.