Old September 7th 04, 02:45 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...
"SummerC"
, writes

I've spoken to my vet about Cilla ... she has
recommended a completely canned diet for Cilla.

From my experience having cats for 20+ years and being a veterinary assistant
for 5.....cats need canned & dry. The dry helps keep the teeth
strong(er)....one must monitor kitties dental health as a normal part of
things.

How do you get them to eat enough wet when they prefer the dry and will only
eat the wet when no dry is available?

I'm trying to convert my cats to a wet food diet, and they're not overly
thrilled with me ATM. If I give them any dry, they don't eat the wet. I worry
about their kidneys and urinary tract, especially as I've lost 3 cats to
problems from bladder stones, kidney stones, and kidney failure at relatively
young ages. I blame the all-dry diet, now that I've read so much about it.

I do brush their teeth and keep tartar to a minimum.

I'd be happy to give them a mix if they'd EAT it. *heh*

~kaeli~
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless
interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an
otherwise dull day.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace