Old October 17th 04, 10:57 PM
Cat Protector

I did check one airline and they allow the cat to be in the cabin but it
counts as one piece of carry on luggage. The problem with that is, the
flight makes a stop in Salt Lake City before going into Las Vegas. Though
the flight is cheaper, it does delay my travel time a bit. There is another
airline that goes non-stop into Las Vegas but it is a bit more expensive. If
I go non-stop round trip by plane it is 2 hours 20 min, rather than 8-12
hours by car. This is a first trip to Vegas for us as well. Besides the
flying or car travel does anyone have tips for the hotel stay. We'll most
likely stay at the hotel where the show is being held (will probably be for
3 days since it is a 2 day show) so if anyone has tips on having a cat in a
hotel room besides air vs car travel please feel free to post.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
There are several cat carriers that adhere to the airline regulations for
under
the seat "storage". Before you even do that, though, book the flight
where you
get confirmation that the airline allows you to travel with your cat.
Under no
circumstances EVER EVER EVER surrender your cat to the cargo area...even
if
they stand on their head and swear that it's the cargo area that's safe
for
pets....don't do it. If necessary, don't go on the flight if they don't
let you
travel with your cat. As far as being tranquilized, you'll have to
discuss
that with your vet if that's a good idea. Good luck!