Old August 15th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Don't know whether to laugh or cry

Jofirey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
This morning one cat made his displeasure known. They normally use
a patch of pine straw some 40-50 feet away under a tree as their
"litter box". Not this morning. The big brother deliberately
walked right up to the back of the house (my desk is set up right
there by a window), squatted and urinated! He was watching me the
entire time. Heh. Pee all you want, pal, I'm still not going to
let you get those baby birds if there's anything I can do about it!

Jill

If this cat is determined to get into a ****ing contest, and it sounds
like he might be, I'd suggest a squirt gun with just a few drops of
ammonia added to the water.

I'll forgo the ammonia but there is a hose out front by the tree with the
nest and there's a hose out back by the window! LOL

People tend to forget I had birds when Persia came to me. At the time I had
two parakeets. They were both elderly but I managed (via segregation when I
was gone and a squirt bottle when I wasn't) to teach Persia the difference
between pet birds and "snacks in a cage". By the time my lovebird Peaches
came along she'd pretty much given up on trying to harrass anything
feathered inside my house. I can't honestly say how she'd react if she were
loose in the big OUT to birds in trees. She does chatter at the birds she
sees outside. I think it's mostly bluff. She'd rather take a nap.

Jill