Old September 17th 12, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Purrs fur Aunti Mabel

Sadly, all good things come eventually to a close. She's refusing all
food but seems not in any pain per the vet. Just saying 'it's time' in
her own quiet way.

The vet is sure she'll slip away quietly in her sleep in the next day
or 2. Like my lovely Unca Sammy, it is not likely she will pull back
out. I'll not force extraordinary methods on her just to delay my pain.

As I post this, I want my friends to remember the joy she has brought
us all, yes even you there reading her stories. The fabric of our
lives is made by who we touch, and who touches us. I know she has
touched and charmed many in her 16-20 years (she doesnt count too well).

Let us purr for her to pass softly if she's ready to go play in the big
field until we join her.

Carol