Old June 2nd 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default fridge life of cooked mushrooms?

wrote in message
Enfilade wrote:

Oh dear. I keep spaghetti sauce in the fridge up to a week, shrooms,
meat and all.

So do I. Tomato sauce is an unfriendly environment for bacteria, anyway.

But I keep a lot of other things for longer than a few days. Once it
gets to be more than a week old, then I check it carefully before eating
it. At some point, it just gets dumped. I'm actually quite lazy about
cleaning my fridge, and every so often I have to dump out unrecognizable
items, container and all.

I usually draw the line at four days. But they I have a short memory and a
weak stomach so that's in the interest of safety. More than four days and
I'm not sure of origin date.

And Charlie will eat anything that is in the refrigerator, so I have to be
kind of careful about long term residents.

Both my daughters have been told if I die first to clean out the
refrigerator for him once in a while.

Then again, he seems to be able to eat darn near anything without problems.
He has eaten in street markets all over the world during his time in the
military.

Jo