Old May 5th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Dog in a cat suit

On 05 May 2006 04:43:23 GMT, yodeled:

Recently, I've been taking walks with Smudge around my neighborhood.
She follows me all over the place, without a leash. Of course, being
a cat, she has to take little side trips into people's yards, to check
out their gardens and driveways. I'll just keep walking.

All of a sudden I hear this "Meow!" which means that she can't see me
anymore. (At least, I think that's what it means - I think she's trying
to find out where I went.) So I call to her, and she'll come trotting
around a corner and down the sidewalk toward me. It's so cute.

The neighbors love it. I get lots of comments and jokes from people.
Yesterday I walked by this couple who were walking with their baby in
a stroller, and they were very amused by the fact that I was out
"walking the cat". We were actually standing in front of their house,
and they had a calico who was sitting in their walkway, hiding around
the corner behind some bushes, and peering out cautiously at Smudge.
Then she came out and started inching slowing toward Smudge, who
registered her displeasure by issuing a low growl. The calico came
closer and the two had a little face-off. We all stood and watched.

Finally, the tension became a little too tight, so I said, "OK,
enough!", swooped up Smudge, and carried her away from the other cat.
Then a little later, I saw the couple with the baby on the other
side of the street, and their cat was trotting along behind them! I
guess it must have been "walk your cat" day.

Joyce

How sweet!

Theresa
Stinky Pictures: