Old July 11th 12, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Shook Up Persia's World

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Persia likes to nap on the bed in the guest bedroom. (It's odd, she
sleeps on my bed at night but never during the day.) This afternoon I
felt like taking a nap, too, so I decided to join her. I turned on the
ceiling fan, pulled up a quilt, petted her and said I was going to take a
nap. She meowed at me. She put her paw on me and stared at me as if to
ask, "What are *you* doing in here?!" She kept her paw on me and just
kept staring. Then she started purring really loudly. And it wasn't a
comfortable purr. She was disconcerted because I've never joined her
before on that bed. She didn't know what to do. And apparently she lost
touch with the Mothership.

I say, hey, Persia, we share the house. I open closet doors when you
meow at them, telling me they shouldn't be closed. (She has to go in and
check them for greeblings every few days, you know.) I feed you and give
you fresh water. You snuggle next to me most days while I'm on the couch
reading or watching TV. I provide plenty of entertainment for you in the
form of feeding birds. I let you sleep wherever you want. And most
nights you sleep with me. So guess what? I get do that, too

Jill

I enjoyed your post, but I did have to stop and boggle when you mentioned
a quilt. I have my A/C set at 78 F, and it can't keep up. It's around 80
F in my house right now. I suspect it got near, if not over, 100F outside
here today.

Joy

Yes, it's been very hot here, too. So the quilt is hard to explain, Joy. I
keep the A/C set at 71F when it's hot. I might set it to 73F in the winter.
I can't stand heat. But I like some sort of throw over me when I sleep. We
aren't talking about a big, fluffy, heavy quilt. Just a cotton quilt. And
I usually kick it off. Just like I kick away the sheets and the (woven
cotton) blanket during the night when I'm in my bed.

When I got here my parents kept the thermostat set at 80F degrees, year
round. It was too friggin HOT. I'd only packed winter clothing because it
was... winter! I was sweltering. I needed shorts and tank tops. in
December! I had to open windows in the bedroom, run the ceiling fan and
bring in a separate table fan just so it was cool enough for me to sleep.
I'm a big fan of the room being cold room when I'm asleep.

Jill