Old June 27th 16, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default The end of Spicey's story

On 6/27/2016 8:52 AM, Takayuki wrote:
After consulting with Spicey's vets today, I decided to let her finally
make that last journey to Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with her meowmie,
Suz.

As well as having refused to eat for four days and being riddled with
tumors around her pancreas, they told me that Spicey was uncomfortable,
upset, and angry.

So we were all surprised when she calmed right down when she saw me, and
waddled over to settle into my lap for a nice purr. I felt that love and
recognition of love that she sometimes allows to pass between us, and I
realized that over the few years we had together, she had truly recognized
me as her friend and her family.

As she was put under heavy sedation, she reached for me and scrabbled at
me, as though she was trying to climb out of an unfamiliar fog. If the vet
hadn't clipped her claws a few days ago, I would have been covered in
scratches. She even tried to give me a little nip - a last love bite.

Of all the cats I've known, I think Spicey had the strongest will and
spirit, and with it she captured my heart.

Thank you Spicey, for being there for me after your meowmie died, and thank
you for sharing with me what turned out to be your twilight year. I'll
always love you.

I'm very sorry to hear this, even though we knew it was coming. I'm
glad she was able to recognize you and show her love for you. Purrs for
you sad heart.