Old September 1st 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Shadow's spine.

Yowie wrote:

Shadow has always been very cranky and like she's on a hair trigger. She
*luuurves* head scritches, but woe betide the hand if it passes and
further past half way down her spine. I've also thought she moves a bit
strangely, she sort of 'flops' rather than curls up, and she's not as
agile as I'm used to in other cats her age.

Joel was petting her, and his hand passed Shadow's limits, and she
snarled and went at him. But he felt something... wrong.

He waited for me to get home, put a towel around her and scruffed her,
and let me very very gently run my hands down her spine.

There's a definate large not-right there, near her hips, and she'll hiss
and snarl and caterwail if even the slightest touch is applied to the
area. I've checked the other two kitties, and whilst there is a a sort
of joint where the tail joins, its not like Shadow's large and bony
feeling thing.

That's weird! I hope it's nothing serious or unfixable. Purrs for the
poor girl to feel better.

--
Joyce ^..^