Old March 20th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Introducing the newest member of our family...

On 2006-03-19, Karen AKA Kajikit penned:

Scouty took one look at it and slunk out of the room with her tail
between her legs.

Silver climbed onto the side table next to it and put one paw on it
and said 'it doesn't look very sturdy meowmie', and refused to take
any further interest.

Tessie made up for them.

I think it's pretty normal for cats to be apprehensive of a cat tree
at first. I kind of rushed things by putting treats on each level, so
that Oscar would be tempted to go up all on her own. Then I got even
more impatient and picked her up and put her on the middle level.

I wouldn't be surprised if it just takes S&S a few days to get used to
the idea of the thing.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully