Old July 4th 12, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Poor widdle Bonnie

I noticed the other day that she had a couple of claws that had grown
into her paw pads. Last night I was able to catch her and clip them, but
those that were into the pad were ingrown and I couldn't get them out.
I cut them down as much as possible, and she seemed ok and I figured
they'd work there way out. There was no stink and no blood.

I had Shamrock into regular TED for a steroid shot today and mentioned
about Bonnie's claws and she said even if they didn't look like they
hurt, likely they did. She told me to pull out the ingrown ones at an
angle because they're curved. So tonight at dinner time I was able to
catch her and I had already prepped the bathroom counter with some Flush
liquid, cotton balls, tweezers and clippers. I still couldn't get them
out so off to ER TED since I had her caught. TED pulled them right out,
no damage other than some calloused paw pads. No infection, no blood.
No need for antibiotics. So she's ok. I can see now I have to try to
catch her more often to check her claws since they must have a tendency
to grow funny. ER TED said when cats get older they can do that.

She's so funny when you can catch her. She plays "flat kitty" and TEDs
assistant said she felt like she weighed 453 pounds because she was hard
to get off the table. She also plays possum in that she goes completely
stiff and dead-like. No movement. Feral instinct? After all these
years she'll never grow out of it.