Old July 6th 12, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Poor widdle Bonnie

So glad her claws are now sorted. Cats can be so stoic and not give you a
clue about things like that, at least you know that she has "funny-growing
claws" now.

She seems so much more comfortable now, though she's wary of my when I
feed her since that was how I managed to grab her when she was off her
guard. The only way to pick her up. But she's not mad at me because
she still comes to get her pettings and even did so not long after we
got home. So she has a big heart to forgive.

Boyfie does flat-kitty at TED's and he used to faint clean away, not go
stiff though. Just like the poor lad had died of fright. Limp and
appearing to be unconscious. Last time he went, he just did flat-kitty with
huge eyes, he had to be peeled off the table afterwards, no faint.

Poor baby. The fainting must break your heart! The peeling off the
table part is exactly like Bonnie!

I think it could well be a feral instinct, especially in a shy cat. Would
you say Bonnie is shy with strangers or is it just TED visits that flip her
into dead mode?

She disappears along with Rhett and Scarlett when there are people over.
Scarlett and Bonnie will sometimes make an appearance from a distance
as long as it isn't a loud crowd but they won't come see anyone unless
they are here for a long time, and even then only if it's only one or
two people. Rhett stays hidden for hours. He's getting better as it
doesn't take him as long to come out when it's quiet but he used to wait
hours to come out even when it was quiet.

When Boyfie and Tigger visited TED together, Tigger showed his fear in a
different way. Outwardly he marched out of his carrier and stood up bravely
on the table for his flu+ injection and let the vet pet him. He was
sweating so much he left wet pawprints on the examination table and it was
not a hot day.

I don't think I've seen a cat sweat on their paws but Rhett will sweat
on his nose and you can see little droplets on top of his nose when he's
stressed.

My brother is a bit disappointed with Tigger as a pet as he will never get
on his lap. He only likes my niece Charlotte (12)
He rarely makes an appearance if I am in their house and if he does he makes
it very clear that he is too important and regal to know me;-)
(best not remind him of his humble upbringing, he was dumped at the RSPCA as
a small kitten)
I quite like an arrogant cat - those that have made the best of a poor start
in life.

I hope your brother eventually accepts Tigger as he is. Rhett isn't a
lap cat, neither is Bonnie. You just have to accept them as they are.
Shamrock is one of those arrogant cats. LOL He was a stray for I don't
know how long before the caretaker had to move and she called a rescue
group to come get him because she was afraid no one else would take care
of him and he got dependent upon her but she couldn't take him. She was
just feeding a stray. He's the most social of my cats and no one
bothers or scares him. He has to get in everyone's business who comes
into his house. I just love this boy so much.