Old August 16th 03, 05:57 AM
bewtifulfreak

"Katra" wrote in message

Declawing comes to mind...
I'd sure do that before euthanasia, and I am NOT a fan of declawing.
We had to do this to Booger for similar reasons.

Before you resort to that, read this first, and see if there is any helpful
advice:

http://www.allaboutpets.org.uk/catintro.html Cat 16 Aggressive cats

There is also a product called Feliway that is a synthetic cat pheremone
that is supposed to often help in calming down cats either in times of
stress or just in agressiveness as in this case. I know it's a stressful
situation for you, but I would certainly exhaust your options before
resorting to amputation or euthanasia. There are a lot of resources on the
'Net, and I'm sure your vet or local shelter or humane society would also be
more than happy to offer advice, as they don't want to see a cat put down
unnecessarily.

Best of luck in transforming your troubled lad into a happy cat!

Warmest Regards,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak