Old August 1st 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default OT - LA Bans Fast Food

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
This just left me gobsmacked!

http://news.smh.com.au/world/los-ang...0730-3n34.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/5hkvhx

Now Big Brother is telling us what we can and can't eat??!!!

The smoking ban was tough on smokers, but at least there was some
rationale that the non-smoking public was put at risk by second-hand
smoke. But who does it hurt when we eat a Big Mac??!

I always suspected that targeting smokers was the thin end of the wedge
until our eating habits were called into question too. Next, look out if
you buy a bottle of wine to have with your meal more than x times a week..

THEY DIDN'T BAN FAST FOOD!!! They simply said there were enough fast food
places in the area and they weren't going to allow any more to be built.
that is NOT telling people what they can and can't eat.

Joy