Old August 1st 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default OT - LA Bans Fast Food

On Aug 1, 10:14*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in ...
On Jul 31, 8:39 am, "CatNipped" wrote:

This just left me gobsmacked!

http://news.smh.com.au/world/los-ang...new-fastfood-o...

or

http://tinyurl.com/5hkvhx

Now Big Brother is telling us what we can and can't eat??!!!

The smoking ban was tough on smokers, but at least there was some
rationale
that the non-smoking public was put at risk by second-hand smoke. But who
does it hurt when we eat a Big Mac??!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Would be nice if the gov't and those who run it (and vote for it),
realized that you canNOT legislate common sense (seat belt laws, no
smoking laws, gun registration, jaywalking, et al). *People, being
human, will do what they will do. *It's called free will, and we have
it for a reason (do I know why? *Nope, not in the least, but it'd be
real boring if we didn't have it, don't you think?). *Do we listen to
the 'inner voice' that says "no"? *Not real often it seems, but
still...

If I *know* it will hurt me (smoking), and I continue to do so (eating
at Burger King or Sonic or Wendys, don't care for McDs), then that is
*my* fault not someone else's. *If I'm fat, it's because of *me*
(genetics, choices, diseases), I shouldn't be allowed to blame a fast
food restaurant for serving food loaded with fats. *I didn't have to
eat there.

Now, if we could legislate that health clubs had to make themselves
affordable for all people (lol).... *Not that it'd help me, you
understand....snicker

Smokie Darling (Annie)

I'm living in fear that if this passes the government will make exercise
classes mandatory and fine the people who miss their work-outs! *Somebody
hand me my wallet, 'cause with Fibromyalgia sore muscles last for *weeks*!

Hugs,

CatNipped

I have RA and fibro (and a couple of other fun and painful things), so
health clubs are just a huge waste of funds for me. I can't even swim
due to shoulder, back and neck pain.

I understand, as Joy put it, that it isn't outlawing fast food, though
I must admit to not viewing the link you provided. However, you did
touch a nerve for me, with the other legislations that have come
around.

I mean, yeah I smoke, but... I do it outside, I do not smoke around
non-smokers, I do not smoke when I drive (don't use my cell phone
either). I try to be considerate of those around who are either
allergic, or just don't like the smell. I won't even smoke outside
when I go to a friend's house, if they are opposed to the smell.

Now, when I go into a grocery store, with my handicapped placard (my
walking distance is very short), and people *see* me walking (or
hobbling), and I get the "If you lost weight...." line of crap. I'm
5'10" (1.78 meters) and I weigh about 165 lbs. The thinnest I've been
as an adult was 145 pounds when I was 25 until 30. I'm a big girl,
but I'm not fat (my docs want me to *gain* weight because they say
that most of my weight really is my bone structure). That however, is
a whole *other* soapbox that I could spend weeks and years on (grr).