Old November 3rd 18, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy Scared the C*** Out of Me!

On 2018-10-23 3:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 10/23/2018 1:08 PM, Tina wrote:
Jill, I wish you'd try a bit harder with FB rpca. OK there's a lot
of people you don't know, but you do know some of us, it's just you
may not recognise their real names. FB rpca does take some getting
used to, it's different, extremely fast paced, just reply to what
you like, tick to like others with various emoticoms, and ignore
the rest that you don't have time for.. I'm sorry you didn't feel
welcome, of course you are. It's just different, you'll get used to
it. Persevere.

Thanks!Â* I never said I didn't feel welcome.Â* I just don't like the
FB interface.

I don't like Facebook either. I tried it once, very briefly, many
years ago, took against it and decided I didn't need to spend even
more time on the computer learning to use a program I disliked from
the start.

I do miss some of the old groups I used to follow - pretty much
defunct now, all of them, but I doubt I'll give Facebook another try.
There's not much point, since it's such a different kind of software
than the discussions I liked ran on that I doubt I'd like it any more
than I did all those years ago.

Admittedly, I sometimes feel like I'm out of the Ark, since just
about everyone I know seems to be on Facebook, but joining still
doesn't appeal to me.

I don't use FB because they share personal information (a problem that
became even more obvious with recent events).

MaryL

Hi, MaryÂ*Â* Nice to hear from you.Â* Yes, the Facebook interface is very
different, it does take some time to get used to it, but it's worth
persevering. The rpca Facebook group is a secret group - i.e. no-one can
find it if they search for it.Â* You have to be approved to join it, the
admins are people you know, so no worries about you being approved and
only rpca members can see your posts. Most of the old friends you knew
from here are on there.Â* I'm sure they'd love to see you again. Will you
give it some thought at least?
It's a huge group now, there are many people you won't know yet, and the
ones you did know who had nicknames use their real names, but I'm sure
they'll introduce themselves.
Usenet is dying, Mary, please give FB rpca a chance for 6 months. It
does take a while to learn the interface and how to respond but I think
you might be glad if you did. I leave it up to you.

RPCA usenet will die if everyone stops posting here.

Jill