Old October 4th 16, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

Default Preparing for the Jellicle Ball

[As everybody scurries around getting food distributed and put into
storage, they are interrupted by the sound of a fleet of helicopters
flying overhead. As they watch, the choppers make low passes over the
neighboring blackened hillsides, and drop clouds of something green.
After dropping a load of green stuff, a helicopter will fly off, then
the next copter in line drops it's load right next to where the previous
one dropped. In short order all of the surrounding hillsides have been
covered with the mysterious green stuff.

The lead copter approached Ginger Valley, and as it gets closer it’s
seen that this is actually a catacopter, with a little silver kitty at
the controls. The copter lands in a clearing and the kitty gets out.]

Sammy: Francesca, is dat you? What are you doing flying da catacopter?
And where did you find it?

Francesca the Fierce: Yes, itz me. I was going thru da desk in my room
at home - you know, da room dat used to be Harri Roadcat’s - an I
founded her notes on where da catacopter was hangered and how to fly it.
I was out tryin it out when I saw dat all the hills around here was
black, and figgered dat wifout grass an stuff when da rains come all da
soil will wash away. So I ‘ported over to da Forest Service base in Sam
Bernardino an found some offur kitties who could fly, and we dropped a
mixture of grass seed an mulch an fertilizer on da burned areas. Dat way
mebbe some grass will start to grow before the rains come an mebbe we
can avoid flooding.

Sammy: Wow! Dats a good idea. Do you fink mebbe some of da Forest
Service cats could arrange to get more trees planted here, to help da
critters dat eat parts of trees?

Francesca: Already workin on it! Later today a bunch of volunteers will
be flying in wif some seedlings. In fact, dat sounds like dem now.

[Sure enough, a large cargo helicopter is soon seen heading for the
clearing. It’s a good thing it’s a big clearing! After the big Sikorsky
settles and it’s rotors wind down, the side door opens and a large
beaver wearing a hard cat emerges.]

Francesca: Sammy, dis is mine friend Chip. Him brought a dozen
volunteers and dozens of seedlings. Chip, dis is mine brofur Sammy.

Chip: Hey there, Sam! How they hangin? Nice to meetcha. Hey, Franny,
we’re all ready to go. Looks like there’s some very promising growing
areas up on those milder slopes. If nobody has any objection we’ll just
get started planting and watering.