Old March 12th 19, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

Default Buffy has Come Around

On 10/03/2019 16:19, jmcquown wrote:
She's adapted to my often erratic work schedule.Â* The last couple of
days when I worked when I came home she heard the garage door open and
me get out of the car.Â* She's taken to sitting and waiting for me in the
dining room.Â* When I come in I say "Momma's Home!" and she meows at me.

She used to pretend all she did was snooze while I'm gone.Â* I could tell
by the disarrangement of the toys and the missing kibble she wasn't just
snoozing.Â* But she snubbed me.Â* Now she's greeting me!

Too bad this is nearly the end of this seasonal job.Â* She's just getting
used to me leaving and the routine involved when I come home.

I really need to find a regular part time job.Â* Few and far between
where I live.Â* But now I know Buffy can handle it and wouldn't feel bad
if I continued to work.

Jill

Boyfriend was used to me going to work and leaving him all day. He was
indoor/outdoor so could choose how he amused himself. Every evening when
I arrived home, he would leap over the back gate to come and greet me;
he knew the sound of my car engine. He was delighted when I retired,
though, because he loved to spend time with me.

I hope you manage to find a regular job. Cats are very adaptable and
Buffy has proved that she can get used to you being at work, even though
she snubbed you at first. Cats often do this to show their displeasure
at being left when they are used to you being there all the time but
they soon get over it. I looked after a neighbour's cat once so they
could go to a wedding 200 miles away, they were only gone for 36 hours,
but when they came home Sally resolutely refused to acknowledge them and
sat outside in the garden in a huge huff for 12 hours :-)

Snubbing is normal cat behaviour when they are not used to being left,
but they soon get used to it and will be fine.