Old January 27th 19, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cats are Not Anti-Social

On 2019-01-22 4:00 p.m., Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown

I've had a cat who wasn't cuddly and initially appeared to be
unsociable. Then I noticed that she might be, to all appearances,
sound asleep, but if I went to another room, she would almost
instantly wander in, curl up in a

Ditto mine, but mine also behaves differently in different rooms,
friendly in one,
aloof in another.

new spot, and sleep. Like most cats, she liked company - but it had to
be on her own terms. Of the two I have now, both like petting - but
one likes her tummy rubbed and the other, who has never ever tired of
having her back patted or brushes, will try to take your hand off at
the wrist if you dare touch her belly!

*only* at the wrist? You're lucky.

Persia (RB) scratched the heck out of my forearm once. She was sleeping
next to me, on her back. I was half asleep myself. Without thinking I
put my hand on her tummy. She wrapped her front paws around my arm and
bunny-kicked with her rear claws. OUCH! Those were some deep gouges.

Buffy isn't crazy about having her tummy rubbed, either. She sometimes
allows it if she's doing a big stretch and I give her scritches along
her back first. I don't dare linger too long on the tummy, though.

Jill