Old December 27th 04, 01:31 AM
Yoj

"David Stevenson" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote

I'm not asking that everyone else in the world praise us, or even give us
our due, however grudgingly. I'm only asking that you quit taking every
opportunity to criticize, "bash", and sneer at us just because it's
currently the fashionable thing to do. I'm asking Americans to quit

hanging
your head and agreeing with those who bash us.

While much of what you say is true, there seems a problem that
Americans tend to invite criticism.

While much of what *you* say is also true, David, you have done one thing
that does tend to inflame Americans. When you talk about certain behavior,
it would be accurate and true to say "some Americans" or even "many
Americans". I doubt if any of your statements applies to all Americans, and
it would be nice if you could realize that. Just as many Americans have a
knee-jerk reaction to any criticism of our country, many people in other
countries tend to paint all Americans with the same brush. We are a
multiracial, multicultural country, and even within the same race or
culture, not all of us feel the same way. As far as I'm concerned, feel
free to criticize those Americans who behave boorishly, including our
government if you desire. Just make it clear that you are criticizing those
particular Americans and not every single one of us.

Joy