Old April 10th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charles Packer

Default Did diabetes treatment do this to him?

On Apr 8, 12:24*pm, "cindys" wrote:
The good news is if the cat is immediately put on a low-carb, canned-
only, grain-free diet (she uses Wellness Beef and Chicken, Turkey, and
Turkey and Salmon for the diabetics she works with), the owners home-
test blood sugar using a glucometer such as the One Touch Ultra and

He's at least moving toward a low-carb diet by default,
since my wife is trying to find tasty food in which to
dissolve his Glipizide dose. I would question the use
of Glipizide too, on the grounds that, based upon what
I read in Wikipedia, he's been prescribed a human-sized
dose -- 5 mg -- albeit twice a day instead of every
5 hours, the way humans take it. But my wife and I agree that
we don't want to be sticking him with a needle regularly,
for any purpose; she because she'd have to do it -- this
is where I say "It's your cat" -- and I because it seems
ridiculous to torture an animal so it can be your
companion for a little while longer.

--
Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org/whatnews