Old March 2nd 05, 09:21 AM
Phil P.

"Corey Maddox via CatKB.com" wrote in message
First off, I would like to say that I am new here, and after spending

hours
and hours on the net, I have not found an answer to either of my

questions.
First question is: At what age do a male cats' testicles "drop"? Long
story, but basically I am new to cats, and would like to know his
approximate age.

The testicles should be in scotum at birth. In some cats, the testicles
fall into place by 4 weeks - but they may not remain in the scrotum
permanently until 4-6 months. If both testicles haven't decended by 4-6
months, they most likely never will. Undecended testicles is called
cryptorchidism in case you want to Google the condition.

Second question: Wondering why our cat likes the taste
or smell of my Blistex lip balm so much. It makes him crazy. Though I do
not let him eat it, he has tried many times to lick i toff of my lips. He
does not do this with any other lip balme that we have had in the house.
Is it one specific ingredient? If so, what is it, and is it safe for him?

I don't which ingredients are used in the balm. If you're not sure whether
a product is safe for cats, a good rule of thumb is: "when in doubt, leave
it out".

Thank you. Please reply, if you would, to beefcakesgirl[AT]yahoo.com, as

really do not know how to get around in this forum.

Subscribe to re.pets.cats.health+behav through your ISPs newsserver.

Phil