Old December 2nd 03, 05:37 PM
Linda Terrell

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:31:34 UTC, "Susan" wrote:

I am a brand new subscriber and have a question - we have had cats for
years, but never 2 until last year when we adopted a year old female, part
Russian Blue, after having to put down our 18 year old cat. She was a
shelter cat and had free run of the shelter, so she was lonely and we got a
4 month old male a couple of months later. He was very dominant right off
the bat and ambushed her constantly. They got along and played alot, but I
know there were times when she was not at all happy with the constant
ambushing. We also have 2 Labrador Retrievers and I believe Morris thinks
he's a dog and gets along famously with them. Anyway, the female cat
disappeared about 2 months ago. Morris is about a year old now and he's
really lonely. We're going to adopt another, but I'm curious whether it's
better to have 2 cats of the same sex or doesn't it matter if they are
neutered to begin with. Any thoughts? Susan

Cat disappeared how? Was it an outside cat? (If so, why would you
want a pet you let go outside? That isn't a pet, that's a boarder.)

Once they are neutered, it doesn't often much matter. Though I
personally have found that, if you are going ot have 2 cats
only, it's often better to have same sex, or at least, litter mates.

LT