Old February 24th 05, 03:58 AM
badwilson

LOL! Well, you could always discuss what to get rid of outside the
apartment so they can't hear and then just go and grab the items
before they have a chance to realize what is happening!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Margaret Fine wrote:
My boys crack me up sometimes. I know we've had this conversation
before about just how much human language our animals understand.
We'll I am here to testify today that they understand EVERYTHING.

We're moving at the end of the summer into a condo that is being

built
for us. It is configured differently than the apartment we are

living
in and in some areas we will have less space. So we're looking at
what to get rid of to make life more livable. Looking around the
living room I noticed Oliver and Boone's overflowing toy box. I

told
Steve that we could get rid of some of the toys they don't seem to
play with. First thing to make the list was the regulation size
soccer ball. It was my RB Golden's ball and neither Boone or Oliver
have touched it in over a year. The second thing I decided to get
rid of was the first scratching post we ever got Oliver. He was a
itty bitty thing when we found him and the post was perfect for a
kitten. Now that he is a nice sized adult the scratching post is

too
short for him. He has others better suited to his size and I

haven't
seen him use the little one since we moved it her from NC a year

ago.

That decided, We go off to eat dinner. As we're sitting there Boone
comes running by the table with Oliver in hot pursuit. I almost
squirt milk out my nose. They have the soccer ball and are rolling
it up and down the living room. Steve was laughing so hard he

almost
fell off his chair. "OK", we tell them they can keep the ball.

They
haven't touched it since.

Then Oliver has been making the point to scratch his little post.

He
looks right at us while he is doing it. I'm totally serious when I
say he hasn't used it since we moved it here. But suddenly it is

the
most desirable scratching post in the house. Guess that is staying
too.

We've come to the conclusion we need to get rid of some of our stuff
and leave their stuff alone.