Old August 16th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
obsidianjg

Default Fleas

On Aug 15, 11:49*am, Suzie-Q wrote:
Does anyone have any opinions or experience using food grade
diatomaceous earth sprinkled on/into carpets for treating
fleas?

Thanks in advance,

8^)~~~~~~ * * * Sue * * (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/http://int...m/malebashing/

I don't have any experience with the stuff you are using. But getting
rid of fleas isn't easy. I used Borax with some success, but it only
works on the ares you treated. I got rid of fleas by using Borax,
diligently vacuuming all "cat areas", and treating my cats with
Frontline. This only works if the flea infestation is in the beginning
stages. Once the fleas have settled in, you need stronger tools like
the bombs. But you still should treat your cats with Frontline or
Advantage or some similar product.