Old July 3rd 18, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Has anyone heard from MaryL?

On 7/1/2018 8:01 PM, MaryL wrote:
On 5/12/2017 5:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:
I haven't seen any posts from her in a while.Â* I hope everything is
okay.

Jill

I just saw this message.Â* I realize it's late, but I wanted to talk
about my wonderful Duffy since you asked about him.Â* Tragically, he went
to Rainbow Bridge in Oct. 2017.Â* It was very sudden.Â* My sister was
visiting, and Duffy was playing with bothÂ* of us.Â* We left for lunch,
When we returned an hour later, dear Duffy suddenly could not walk.Â* It
was a Sunday, and there are no veterinarians open in town.Â* I took him
to another town several miles away where an emergency vet was available.
Â*They spent aÂ* long time with him, and the news was bad.Â* They sent his
records to my vet as soon as his office opened at 7:30 the next morning.
Â*He agreed with the emergency vet and told me that my wonderful Duffy
had had a stroke.Â* I slept with him all night, and I made the very
difficult decision to have him put to sleep.Â* He was 19.5 years old, and
we had a wonderful life together.Â* Thank you for asking about him.Â* I
know you always had aÂ* lot ofÂ* interest in Duffy.

MaryL

I always loved hearing tales about Duffy. He was a very special cat
(not that they aren't all special). I knew he'd gone to the Bridge and
am very sorry for your loss. And bless you for adopting him when no one
else would.

I understand about wanting to talk about Duffy. After Persia went to
the RB in 2014 I posted a lot of reminisces about her antics. It helps
us heal.

Jill