Old September 28th 03, 05:26 AM
Marek Williams

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:54:50 -0700, Sharon Talbert
dijo:

Would the caretaker of "Old George" please contact me at my org address?

That would be me. Thanks for the invitation, but I prefer to
communicate through the newsgroup.

Old George is lying in the doorway to the computer room as I sit here.
He's curled up with a smile on his face. His tummy is always full now.
He's decided he likes to be near me. He's also decided he likes to be
petted, although he still becomes alarmed if I try to comb the rear of
his back. I also still haven't enticed him up to my lap. When I pet
him he still feels bony, but I can sense a bit of meat on the bones
now.

We're still making progress. His coat continues to look better every
day. And there have been no more accidents in the house. (Keeping
fingers crossed.) He hasn't used the litter box once, although I did
notice a couple cat footprints in it. He seems to prefer to use his
little kitty door and go outside. As long as he does so reliably, that
is perfect as far as I am concerned.

He's still pretty tentative about the house, like he's worried he'll
do something wrong. And he's still never uttered a meow. But that's
OK. He has other ways to communicate that work just as well.

He's turning into a real sweet cat.

--
Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.