Old December 23rd 04, 06:32 PM
dgk

On 22 Dec 2004 15:14:20 -0800, "floralswag"
wrote:

Most of the day Max and Sketch get along fine, they even sleep a few
feet away from each other in the window. Sometimes they chase each
other and there is sometimes growling and wrestling and tufts of fur
coming off in mouths. I've never seen any blood or injury. I've never
been sure how much of their fighting is play fighting or real turf
wars.

Regardless of whether I separate them after the move or leave them in
the same room, the real issue as I see it is that Max is a scaredy cat
when it comes to exploring new places and Sketch is the total opposite.
So even if I keep them together, then open the door to the whole house,
Sketch will likely have complete head-butted every corner in sight
before Max gets the nerve to come wandering out. And maybe it doesn't
matter if this is the case...I was just curious about others'
experiences in a similar situation.

I doubt that it matters. When I moved into my house the very last
thing to arrive was a box containing two (2) cats. I put it into the
living room and opened the box. Nico (The Wonder Cat) jumped out,
explored the living room, dining room, circled around through the
kitchen, discovered the stairs heading up, and went to check out the
upstairs. Bushkey (his brother) was still sitting in the box whining.
Within a few days they were both all over the place.

Moral: There are two kinds of cats, scaredy cats and curiosity killed
the cats. It is important to have at least one of each kind.