Old December 3rd 11, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Moe is gone, long live Pete.

"Richard Casady" wrote in message

While we were in Amsterdam, both kitties, Bob and Moe disappeared. Bob
came back in four days, Moe remains gone. The only consolation is that
another cat gets to have a life beyond a tiny cage. They said at the
shelter that the one I picked was about the most affectionate cat they
had ever had.

When I got him home I put the carrier on the bed by my knees and
opened the door. Pete rushed straight to my face and rubbed it with
his, purring like an idling chain saw. A couple of days ago, I woke up
with his toy mouse in my hand. Unfortunately the two kitties don't get
along, growling and hissing, no actual fights. One good thing, the
missing cat was a furniture destroyer,repeatedly clawed the back of a
$180 buck office chair, and was shreding a wicker hamper.

Casady

You are probably "rushing" things too much in trying to bring Bob and Pete
together. It is important to move very slowly and carefully, especially
when you see signs like growling and hissing. Putting two cats together
without a careful introduction is often a recipe for disaster. I suggest
that you start over and give the introduction some extra time.

MaryL