Old October 4th 18, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy Scared the C*** Out of Me!

Not literally. I had the audacity to go out and run errands today.

I felt sure I'd given Buffy plenty of attention when I got home. We
played for a while. Then I turned my attention to the computer, which I
haven't done for a few days. She was sitting in my lap, getting scritches.

I got distracted because there was a doe and her still-speckled fawn
(late in the year, even this far south) meandering around in my back
yard. So cute! Meanwhile, Buffy got down off my lap. I didn't notice
where she went.

I got up to get a drink from the kitchen. It's dusk so it's dark in the
kitchen. I didn't even have a chance to reach for the light switch. I
got to the kitchen doorway and she *burst* out of the kitchen yelling
"MEOW!!!"

I screamed like a little girl! OMG, are you trying to give me a heart
attack?!

Jill