Old October 13th 18, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

Default Smokey meets the Dawg

On 28/09/2018 19:19, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Bill
Stock wrote:
The relatives arrived today and brought a couple of their dawgs, because
they had a sitter issue. Fortunately the large Bulldog stayed in the car
(no it was not hot today), but the miniature BD came inside. It stayed
in its crate for the most part, but Smokey stayed in bed, claiming not
to know it was here. Sure. When they were getting ready to leave Smokey
came to the top of the stairs to look at this weird looking thing. She
continued to watch it, even after it went outside for a pre-trip pee.
The dawg has a lazy eye among other health issues, so I don't think it
ever saw Smokey, at least not that it would admit. ( # ù # )

Smokey was good to just pretend it wasn't happening. I've never seen how
any of my cats wood react to dogs. It would be nice to know but it could
traumatise us all, animals and humans alike.

Judith

Boyfriend was terrified of dogs, even very small teacup Yorkies. He was
once "helping" me unpack my car, when one came along, and he rushed away
and jumped over the back gate. AFAIK the Poshgirls, Nelli & Garfie have
never seen a dog, they've been indoors since birth. They've seen one
through the window though, and quite a few on the telly!
Kitty FC had lived with dogs, I found out years later, but she was
cautious about approaching a home with whippets in until she was
absolutely certain they'd all passed away. She hung about in the garden
for 7 years to be very, very sure. Then she moved in.
It seemed rude to refuse.