Old October 4th 17, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Jellicle Ball, 2017

On 10/2/2017 8:41 PM, cshenk wrote:
jmcquown wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes:

On 9/30/2017 9:17 AM, cshenk wrote:
Hi all! Sometime very long back, back enough that no one remaining
really remembers it except as historical trivia,
Rec.pets.cats.community (RPCC) and this group split off.

Hi Carol! I remember the split, don't exactly remember why. I do
recall being flamed once for posting there that it *felt like* Persia
(RB 2014) had a temp of 109° or some such high number. I was
chastized by someone who said if her temp was that high she'd be
dead. Well duh! I was merely pointing out how uncomfortable I was
with her sleeping right next to me. Like sleeping with a furry
heating pad. That's when someone told me about RPCA. I guess it
really has been at least 20 years ago. Wow.

Yeah! Pedates me. BTW, Persia was read there. Such a sweet lady.
Dunno on the flamers. Haven't seen a person there flame another best I
can recall ever.

That was the pre-split. I couldn't believe someone thought I believed
her temp was 109F. No sense of humor.

We do have fun with the trolls though! This past year one wanted to
sell Huskie Puppies. We 'rescued' Clem and Cleo (for Pope Clementine
and Cleopatra) from the nasty doggie slavers and they in happy homes
but vacationing with Zoot, the Arctic Penguin just now (it's all just
fun make believe but the real note is there of saying fairwell to real
loved pets).

Another troll wanted to sell Parrots. We had 'Polly' escape in an
almost keystone kopper event and she moved to Parrot Island (Florida
place, lots of Parrots, real place) then is back for the event so she
can check out a bird that swims (Penguin).

I've found dealing with trolls works best if you have fun at their
expense but do not devolve to their level.

That is (or was) the RPCA method of dealing with trolls. When they
started trolling, we'd delete their crap, change the subject line and
start posting recipes. It confused the heck out of them and they
just left when they realized they weren't getting a rise out of anyone.

I don't care for "meow-speak" but see nothing about posting from the
cats' point of view. I doubt there are many people here on RPCA who
remember the adventures of 'The Mouser'. All the cats on the
mythical ship had a job to do. Persia was the cook.

Grin, I do minimal 'meowie' speak. I we finally got a few who
literally unintelligible to ease up on that. (we did have a few getting
too extreme a few years ago).

I Can Has Cheezburger was cute... for a while.

In addition to whatever other parties or whatnot that we might dream
up, is the annual Jellicle Ball. This year will be the 22nd event.
Officially it starts on 5 Oct and is being hosted by a tribe of lost
kitties in Antarctica. A key part of the ceremony is to read the
names of any pets (mostly cats and dogs but we've added ferrets and
such before) that have passed over the bridge this year (along with
any tributes to them that we may have).

Are there any pets from the people here who should be added to the
rolls? If so, I'll need them this weekend. Can reply here or to my
email.

Format we announce with is:
Garland, House of Rennie
Pixel, House of Abbey Cats

Basically name and what you want for house (many use their last or
first name).

Let me know!
Carol

It sounds sweet. Fortunately I have not lost any pets this year.

THats good Jill! I've not lost any either here. Knocking on wood, my
little Iowna (Eye-Own-A ... beagle, car, house) is 15. Iowna is on
borrowed time now as a dog. She's roughly like a 22yo cat.

Is Iowna the blind beagle I've heard you speak of? You know I'll send
out purrs for her.

Jill