Old July 18th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Shadow has turned into a *cat*

On 2008-07-17 19:24:36 -0500, "Yowie" said:

Its been touch and go with Shadow.

For a long time, i really didn't know what to do with her, whether we
should keep her or find her a better home. She was so afraid of
everything, so agressive towards Suki & Pickle, went potty all over the
place and was generally not a happy cat. "Shadow" suited her so well
because she just stayed in the shadows, scared

But inthe last week or so, she's turned into a house cat.

She's got between me & the keyboard. Sat on the keyboard. Head butted
the computer in such a way so as to turn it off mid World of Warcraft
game. She's jumped on my lap and demanded pettin's. Has been seen in
other parts of the house besides her two favourite haunts of in the
kitchen and under the dining room table. She was even in the bathroom
after I came out of the share and tried to groom my wet hair (the
licking wasn't so bad, but she nibbled as well). And now, i am very
proud to say, was seen hunting greeblings in the kitchen.

She still does her toiletting in the kitchen sink.

She is still very agressive towards Suki, but no longer bothers Pickle
after she and Pickle had one heck of a cat fight late one night that I
guess Pickle won.

She is still wary of Joel - he can give her scritches but woe betide if
he tries to pick her up (I can pick her up, not a problem). She's still
abit schizophrenic regarding Fluffy, sometimes she doesn't even notice
Fluffy is there, other times she hisses and claws. I am not sure, but I
think she might also be deaf, like Suki (and perhaps thats why they
fight so, as neither can hear the other's warnings)

But on the whole, she is behaving far more like a cat that is part of
hte family, a cat more confident to be do quirky cat things, a cat
feeling safe enough to play with greeblings.

I am very happy for her, and strongly suspect that she's already found
her home - here.

Yowie

Well, if she was that scared, apparently she feels "unapproachable" in
the sink. I hate to say it, but there are worse places. However, maybe
as she gains confidence, she'll figure that part out too. Glad to hear
she is coming out of her shell.