Old January 7th 05, 10:20 PM
TCS

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:40:11 -0600, sethra wrote:
Dominic Olivastro wrote in
servers.com:

I'm a first time cat owner, and I'm not used to the smell of the food,
litter, and the stuff they dump in the litter. Can anyone recommend
an air-purifier that eliminated odors? Is hepa better than
electrostatic, etc?

Yes, hepa's better. The air's gotta move to be filtered, and those
electrostatic ones don't move much air at all, plus every brand of

The electrostatic's don't move any air at all. They fill the room with
some ozone and that can kill some bacteria and mask some odors.
Electrostatic's work well when combined with a fan driven purifier. The
ionic breeze is a complete scam.

It's a good idea to buy enough filters to be supplied for a few years. It's
not uncommon to try to buy a filter a couple of years later and discover
that they are no longer available.