Old December 26th 04, 10:52 PM
Manda Panda

Default HELP! Nose injury!

Hi! I am new to the group and I have 6 cats in my home. We went to my
parents on Christmas day and when we returned my oldest, Patches (6),
had a horrible injury on his nose. Not a lot of blood but the middle
of his nose between the nostrils looks like it's just had a big chunk
of skin removed. It is painful enough to the point that he isn't
eating much (but he could stand to lose a bit of weight anyway). I
think it just hurts to chew since it moves his nose as well. I want to
put antibiotic cream on it but I know he'll just lick it off. We used
a warm wet paper towel and cleaned it when we saw it and today I put a
little cream on it. I think this was the result of a cat fight with
one of the other cats since he is also limping a bit too (I think he
sprained his ankle). My husband just lost his job so I can't afford to
take him to the vet right now, and I don't really think there is
anything he can do for him anyway. We have him by himself in a room
with all he needs and cuddles when we can. Any suggestions?