Old November 13th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default a month has gone by

On Nov 13, 11:44*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Winnie" wrote in message

It has been exactly a month since Rusty went to RB on Oct 12.
I am just beginning to get used to not having him around.
When I go fix supper, there is no *Rusty sitting by the kitchen door
patiently waiting to be fed.
I got teary eyes whenever I looked at his urn of ashes sitting on his
favourite window hammock.

I miss my Rusty cat.

Of course you do and it's important to have plenty of time to grieve for
him.
(hug)
I found that ashes of my beloveds, I needed to bury or put away after a
while, depending on how long I needed to grieve which is individual for each
person.
You gave Rusty a good life, you loved him. *He was lucky, eh? But sometimes
it's the end of their lives and there is nothing we can do about it.
Tweed

I plan to bring Rusty's ashes to be sprinkled in my mother's backyard,
under a birch tree. But I can't do that till January when I go see
her.
I am thinking I should probably pack the urn in my carry-on bag so I
don't see
it

Yes, even the vet said Rusty was lucky to have me. I did everything I
could to take care of him. I spent a lot of time researching his
medical problems.

At least Rusty won't feel the cold this winter. He used to sit
over the heat vents. He never did that until last winter when he was
just skin and bones.
And he won't have to put up with being boarded at the vet. He hated
that,
and rubbed his nose raw against the cage door. I felt so bad/ But with
his poor health,
I didn't trust anyone else to look after him while I was away.

..