Old November 13th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Default a month has gone by

Winnie wrote in
:

On Nov 13, 11:44*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Winnie" wrote in message

It has been exactly a month since Rusty went to RB on Oct 12.
I am just beginning to get used to not having him around.
When I go fix supper, there is no *Rusty sitting by the kitchen
door patiently waiting to be fed.
I got teary eyes whenever I looked at his urn of ashes sitting on
his favourite window hammock.

I miss my Rusty cat.

Of course you do and it's important to have plenty of time to grieve
for him.
(hug)
I found that ashes of my beloveds, I needed to bury or put away after
a while, depending on how long I needed to grieve which is individual
for e

ach
person.
You gave Rusty a good life, you loved him. *He was lucky, eh? But
somet

imes
it's the end of their lives and there is nothing we can do about it.
Tweed

I plan to bring Rusty's ashes to be sprinkled in my mother's backyard,
under a birch tree. But I can't do that till January when I go see
her.
I am thinking I should probably pack the urn in my carry-on bag so I
don't see it.

(snip)

------
We all have our own ways of dealing with grief. I have to put away
anything that reminds me of the cat who just died, otherwise I'd be crying
and depressed all day. Thoughts of that kitty still come to me from time
to time and I deal with them when they do, but to see reminders all the
time is bad for me.

Bobble