Old January 7th 05, 03:58 AM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...
The more I read about breeder horror stories (not to mention the
genetic defects that many of these purebred cats have) the more I am
convinced that I will do just that - adopt a nice kitty from a shelter.
There is an organization called A.R.F. (Animal Rescue Foundation) here
in town whose web site I have visited - there are some beautiful cats
that I think would make a fine addition to our family.
Thanks for the kind words :-)

The most wonderful cat I have every had came from a shelter.
If you get a young adult that has been at the shelter for a few months,
you get a fully socialized cat that is pretty much guaranteed to eliminate
where it is supposed to, and the volunteers have had time to watch and
get to know it, so that they can tell you things like, does it like other
cats,
kids, dogs, etc. My neighbor got a lovely Ragdoll (or Ragdoll lookalike)
from my local no-kill shelter last year, and they just love her. Needless
to say, they have lots of kitten too, if that is what you want.