Old August 30th 05, 08:56 PM
Bet You Missed Me!

"Phil P." wrote :

Do you know if, just as an overactive thyroid causes a fast hr,

Absolutely.

an
underactive one causes a slower one?

No.

Well, I guess it was just wishful thinking. I was hoping we might up her
doseso she could lose weight without cutting back on food. This is one
catyou really don't want to **** off.

Nevertheless, you should continue to monitor her T-4 levels because theycan

change either way. Let me know the results of the bloodwork.

I just got the call--her T4 level is 3.0--within the normal range of 0.7 and
3.25. My vet said that since she had been at over 10 one year ago, that he
is happy with 3.0. He also said that increasing the Tapzole dose can risk
kidney damage. Phil, she just looks great! Her fur is so shiny and she is so
feisty. For a fat cat she is really active and does acrobatics with her
evening zoomies that are especially funny to watch because she is err, full
figured.
(Picture the old cartoon hippo in the tutu--but imagine this shiny black
tuxedo with a white nose and paws.) This has been a real success story, and
I owe you and Maurice in particular for pointing out the facts when the one
vet at my vet's office wanted to do surgery. I have re-thought radiocats
because it just seems a lot to put her through--
as long as we can pill her religiously and keep her safe that way, that is
what I want to do. She is just 10 now, so there is still time if the
Tapazole stops adequately controlling the hyperthyroid to do the radiation
cure if
we need to.

Thanks again, my friend. It is great to have your knowledge to rely upon.