Old June 8th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ted Davis

Default No fleas?

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:29:23 -0400, "David Mooney"
wrote:

Hello everyone, I put Frontline on my cat around noon on Wednesday. There as
been a good improvement, but I still him scratching from time to time
(although no way like he was doing before). He scratches and nibbles with
his teeth where he still get flea bites. I still find a handful of fleas. I
have heard how great Frontline is but should Jacob still be scratching after
3 days from receiving an application of Frontline?

Frontline will clean up the cat's environment, but it takes a while.
Meanwhile, he picks up fleas that jumped off before the treatment and
newly hatched ones in the bedding, carpet, etc.

Keep applying Frontline every month and eventually the only fleas you
will see are those that came in on an animal, person, or object, and
they won't last long. I have fifteen indoor/outdoor cats living near
wildlife - fleas and ticks are major issues, but unless I'm late with
a dose, they remain issues and don't become problems.

--
T.E.D. )
Remove "gearbox.maem." from address - that one is dead