Old November 2nd 03, 09:12 PM
Mary

wrote in message
Well, I posted here many months ago regarding a stray that we

decided
to spay and keep. She turned into a beautiful cat with a nice shiny
coat.

First, good for you for not declawing.

Second, if you read that far in this group, you can read a bit
farther and learn how to TRAIN your cat. Every time we get a new
upholstered piece I pin foil to the corners for a couple of weeks,
then
spray one of those citrusy sprays cats hate ( cat repellents,try
Petsmart)
regularly. If I catch them in the act I pick them up, tell them NO,
and place
them by a nice scratching post (of a pad if it's a rug) and take their
little
paws and gently go thought he motion and say "Gooood girl! Good Girl!"
This is a great time to give a treat, too. Then PUT a scratching post
or pad
near the spot. Make sure it has catnip or bells or a toy so your cat
will
prefer it. Cats can learn! Remember, your baby wants to please you.
If the cat tends to scratch something in a room where you often sit,
you can
also keep a water gun or spray bottle there and give her a squirt when
you catch
her in the act.

Don't give your dear cat away. Train her!