Old August 1st 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default UPDATE: Bush Baby (was Purrs Please)

On Aug 1, 3:38*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in ...
On Aug 1, 9:04 am, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"

I should have gotten her picture before, I have a horrible feeling
but
then I always do before a TED visit, even check ups for the inside
cats.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Well, the vet called... *Her leukemia test came back negative (YAY!).
When they were doing an exam on her, the vet thought she might have a
cold, til I told her that was just beef baby food we'd tried to rub on
her mouth to get her to eat.

Then the vet opened her mouth... *Yeegads, how can such a teeniny
kitty (2.8 pounds) have such horrendous breath? *TED said she is
smaller than a 'healthy' 6 month old kitten, but otherwise she is
pretty dang healthy... *So... *It's like this... *A tooth growing in
crooked, never kicked out the baby tooth, created ONE abscess. *A huge
mass of foxtail stickers, in the roof of her mouth (hard palate?)
created another abscess.

It's on reason we really try to get our two in for bedtime every
night. *Gives us a chance to do a quick health check, even when we
have forgotten that is what we are doing.

That's what I do when I give her the skritches, find the stickers (and
the occasional goat head), and pull them out before they get embedded
and start to fester.

I hope she is recovered quickly. *It had to be miserable for her.
Love that you call her Bush Baby.

I wish I had gotten photos of her when she really was a baby, you'd
understand why I called her that (and why her younger brother, by 3
months is called Mere-mere - like a Merekat).

Smokie Darling (Annie)