Old October 21st 13, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Dark, crusty area on nose

jblatz2 gmail.com wrote:

My white cat's nose had a small dark spot on it for a couple of
months. I couldn't feel anything and didn't worry about it.
Recently it got larger and now she has several black spots on
top of nose. When I feel them they feel crusty. The side of
her nose also is darker.

She had acne on her chin which got better when I started
cleaning her chin after she ate.

Paper towels are your friend. My cats get fed on clean paper
towels sometimes cut in quarters. For wet food, make sure the bowl
is clean with each feeding. Use a flat plate for wet food. Don't
use standard cat food bowls that have high edges. There is no need
to clean her chin or apply a medicine.

I tried that on her nose but it's not any better. I have taken
this poor animal to the vet at least five times in the past two
months for various issues. She HATES it. I'll take her again,
but was wondering if this could also be acne?

It doesn't bother her at all. If she wasn't white it wouldn't
look nearly so bad.

I have a gel that the vet gave me for her chin. I was thinking
of trying it on her nose.

That is a shot in the dark, don't do that. It might be some
disease. It might also appear around her ears.

Good luck.