Old December 28th 03, 09:55 PM
Sherry

This mad cow scare comes just about a couple weeks after the greedy meat
industry jacked its prices sky high and I heard a lot of complaints while
shopping in the supermarket.

I noticed that also, Barb. The cattle market here hit an all-time high this
past fall, with increases in meat at the market *and* on the hoof. I don't eat
beef anyway, but I *am* concerned about the small family farm operations who
depend on the cattle industry for their livelihood.
It just seems peculiar that the "Mad Cow" scare comes at this particular time.
Probably coincidental but it makes you wonder.

Sherry